Shawn is an experienced clinician in the areas of, working with adolescents, adults, and families His approach to counseling as helped improve communication and boundaries between teens and their parents. Being a husband and a father of two children, he has walked through the difficulties and struggles of family life, and has a passion for walking along side of couples and families as they learn to communicate effectively with one another and show each other respect and love.
In addition, Shawn has also worked with adults who have intellectual disabilities and or traumatic brain injuries. As well as clients with substance use and other addictive disorders.
Utilizing various therapeutic techniques such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Shawn helps his clients set goals and move toward the fullest life.
- Bachelor of Arts from the University of Northern Iowa emphasis in Psychology and Humanities
- Masters of Arts in Counseling from Argosy University
License, Certifications & Awards
- Licensed Professional Counselor with the State of Illinois.
- Certified Domestic Violence Professional and Crisis interventions
- Shawn has worked as a psychiatric counselor for Northwestern Medicine and other treatment centers for the past several years.
Professional Activities and Memberships
- National Board of Certified Counselors